Ok... here's the story that you may not know. On the eve of my 30th birthday, my Dr. told me that based on some test results he was not a gambling man, but "it would be unlikely that we would be able to conceive without medical intervention." This was rather depressing news just before a rather milestone of a birthday. We set up an appointment to see an infertility specialist in October and tried to put it behind us while we celebrated my birthday at a romantic getaway. We had a great time (pictures are in previous posts) and were looking forward to our appointment to see what needed to be done.
Fast forward a couple of weeks... and I was late. I suspected if maybe I was on day 28, but decided to give it one more day. I had been disappointed before. I really dreaded seeing a negative sign one more time. But, the not knowing was torture. So, Wed. morning - on my day off and also the day my husband was to see a specialist, I woke up early and took a home test. I set it on the bathtub ledge and willed the time to pass. I didnt' want to look at it until the 2 minutes was up. I gave it another 15 seconds for good measure and looked at the little test that would change my life. It was postive! I gasped and couldn't believe that it was actually positive! I snuck back to bed and waited for my husband to wake up. I of course didn't go back to sleep... had too much on my mind! James finally woke up and I told him he was going to be a daddy. And in only a way that my husband can respond so cutely - he replied "Goodie!" We spend the next hour or so talking about our new little one and all the dreams we had for him/her. He wanted me to get a blood test to confirm this little miracle. I figured it would take a couple of days, but the nurse wrote an order and within a couple of hours the fate of our lives rested in the results of that test. We went to James appt, and while we waited the 1 1/2 hours to see the Dr. , my Dr. (who was using the same office) came into the room and handed me the results. I gave him a big hug and told him to never gamble with large sums of money, because he'd lose it all! We set my first OB appt with him for Oct. 1. We then spent the rest of the day driving all over 2 states sharing the news with my husbands grandparents first, then his Dad and stepmom, then my parents. Modern advice says not to share the news until the most risky time of the first trimester is passed, but we are just too excited not to share and well, we want our friends and family to start to pray for this little life and it's growth and development.
So, that's the story of our Miracle...what wasn't supposed to be - well - is!
Today at 5 weeks my baby is about the size of an apple seed according to my "What to expect" book. The organ systems are beginning to form and the heart in is the primary stages and will begin beating soon. How cool is that - to know that so much is taking place in the size of an apple seed! It's amazing! While I truely marvel at all of this, I keep my eyes on my Lord, who allowed this little life to begin (without medical intervention) and grow into the person He wants it to be.
4 days ago




1 comment:
What a great story, Cindy! I'm so very happy for you and James :) It's really cool how such a tiny thing is already so developed. I can't wait to see the first sonogram pics!
Post a Comment