Friday, October 24, 2008

Encouraging Bible passage and an update

Job 39:1-4
1 "Do you know when the mountain goats give birth? Do you watch when the doe bears her fawn?
2 Do you count the months till they bear? Do you know the time they give birth?
3 They crouch down and bring forth their young; their labor pains are ended.
4 Their young thrive and grow strong in the wilds; they leave and do not return."

Our pastor was talking about "God is God and we are not" and using Job's questions and God's questions back as examples. Job was questioning God why he was to go through such a bad time and God kinda replied with rethorical questions... "where were you when I formed the earth and everthing in it?", etc. I kept reading and stumbled along this passage. It struck me... if God counts the time until goats and deer deliver their young, then how much more does he count the time until I'll deliver. It was just and encouragment of something I know already... but keeping the "give birth" theme made it seem even more special to me in this time.

I'm 9 weeks... and still feeling kinda puky. It's not limited to mornings... but all day. I'm anxious for this part to be over... I've only been sick 1 time, which I count as a huge blessing! I'm sleeping kinda restlessly and feeling very tired especially come 2pm or so. I yawn and yawn. This week I've noticed a little... (well not so little for being so early) "baby bump" in front... which apparently is normal since there are two. Elastic waisted pants... here I come!

James is really brainstorming ways that we can save money once these little ones arrive and is getting very nervous about our house that we're still trying to sell. We may have a pretty giftless Christmas this year... but that's ok... I think we've gotten the best gift of all. I'm trying to honor my husband and think of ways I can save money as well...although it comes a little harder for me. But, I wanted to be a Mom and I know sacrifices are part of that. Right now, it looks like I'll stay home and raise our babies, as with 2 daycare fees, my pay won't really amount to much in the end. Which is what we wanted in the long run... just not quite like this. Really, if we could sell that house, we would feel much more confident that we'll be ok.

On a happier note, we are celebrating our 7th wedding anniversary this weekend...hopefully I'll have photos to post next week. I'm a little nervous I won't be able to enjoy our dinner out as much as I'd like... but it will be a fun time none the less.

1 comment:

Latrice said...

Congrats on your news!! My sIL has twins so if you have qustions let me know. How fun!! It'll be fun every minute let me tell you!!

I wanted to invite you to my etsy shope opening today. It's linked in today post over on my blog. Talk to you soon. !!