Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Public service announcement...

To those of you who have not been pregnant, but hope to be sometime in the future, be forewarned that about 3 months postpartum, you will start to loose hair - tons of it! I really thought maybe there was something wrong with me. I went the whole time being pregnant and never read that in my pregnancy books. Sure, you read that your hair gets thicker while pregnant, but not that you think you will go bald after you have your baby (ies.) I came across a blurb on the twin message board I read and was relieved. My babies are 4 months old and I'm still shedding. Apparently I can expect it until 6 months or so, or I am bald, whichever comes first! :) I clean my brush almost daily and I find hair everywhere - on me, the girls, in the dishwater, and I'm sure in food I prepare. It's really rather annoying. Basically, the regular shedding of hair ceases during pregnancy (probably a hormone thing) and then afterwards as your body returns back to normal, all the hair you should have lost over the last 9+ months, now comes out.
Ok, this has been a public service announcement - you may return to your regularly scheduled activities.


Later today I'll post a 4 month Drs. appt update!

1 comment:

Jingle said...

Huh! I never would have known that! Sorry you had a bit of a scare, but I'm glad you are okay!!!