We don't see the Dr. for another couple of months, but I did weigh them... closest I could tell with a non-digital scale was:
Hannah - 15 lb. 8 oz.
Mary - 16 lb. 12 oz.
To my baby girls,
Wow - it's so hard to believe that you are 7 months old already! Sometimes it seems like only yesterday since you came home from the hospital. But, I look at you today, and and am amazed at all you can do now that you couldn't do then. Your little bodies and heads were pretty floppy and you stayed were I put you. That is certainly not the case anymore! You are making so many connections that you couldn't then... watching and giggling at me, your Daddy and our pets, putting your arms up for us to pick you up, pulling the bottle to your mouth even before I put it there, reaching for and playing with toys, and best of all you are playing with each other now. This is so much fun to watch. You, being twins, have a built in playmate right from the start.
The biggest thing developmentally this month is your first teeth. I first saw Hannah's on 11/8 and Mary's on 11/11. And they were opposite teeth, which I didn't expect! So, now, during your bath, I use a finger brush, and brush your new teeth and gums. You don't seem to mind it and even lick the baby safe gel off your lips. As you continue to grow big and stong, I'm about ready to switch out your clothes for 6-9 months, and you continue to wear size 2 diapers.
You each have perfected reaching for things, and are rolling over all the time. You will roll over both ways (right and left). Mary, you are trying to scoot on your knees and chest - you got yourself under the curio cabinet one day, and you certainly couldn't have rolled there! You'll sit and rock on our knees and chest/arms... you are close to figuring out how to crawl. You both love the exersaucer - and like playing with all the toys on it. Probably your favorite is the giraffe that you can pull towards you and chew on (or you can let go of and bonk Mommy in the nose!), or the little barrel that you can roll and beads rattle inside.
Hannah, you have started to vocalize "Mmmm" with gusto... I add the "ahhh" sound to make "Ma" and you just smile at me! You also have started "panting" when you get excited. Mary, you get into spurts where you will just hollar and screech and squeal! It's so funny. Generally, you say "Ahhh" or "Eeee" when you're doing this. You both will "talk" quieter, saying all sorts of sounds. It's so sweet! And of course, you talk and squeal and laugh to each other.
You had a 2 week period this month, where you both kind of regressed with sleeping and eating, but you are both back on track. I think those teeth trying to work their way up probably made you a little on edge. This month you tried pears, applesauce, bananas, sweet potatoes, and apples/cherries. Usually you get a fruit and cereal for breakfast with your bottles, then whatever food is new at lunchtime. Sometimes, for the afternoon feeding, I'll give you either a fruit or veggie, depending on the day. Mary is still the more eager eater, but you both know to open your mouths for the spoon. And you try to grab the spoon too! You both like sweet potatoes and pears a lot!
Hannah, you are my little fit thrower. You both can get mad and demand attention "now," but Hannah, you really put your little heart into it. Your cry gets all throaty and gargly, your face gets red and you are just plain mad. It will be interesting to know if you will have the shorter temper of the two of you as you grow up.
Sometime in the last couple of months you both have started rubbing your eyes when you are getting sleepy. You both still suck your left thumb when you are sleepy or hungry. We still rock you to sleep in your little rocking chairs, then we carry you to bed. We rarely have to use the carseats and swing at night for either one of you now. Mary, you seem to be the better sleeper lately at night and for naps. Sometimes for naps I have to wake you up so you stay on somewhat the same schedule as Sissy! Hannah, at night, you will get yourself in the corner of your crib and cry for me to come fix you. I'll put you back in the center, tuck you in, and you will fall back to sleep on your own usually. Sissy has yet to do that! You both seem to sleep better now with a blanket - so we're using handmade ones that you can breathe through if you pull it up over your head.
We left you with your Grandparents for an afternoon this month while Daddy and I left town to have a belated Anniversary lunch and Christmas shop for you! It was so much fun looking at things we think you both will like. Your first Christmas will be so much fun! Although while shopping, another couple had a baby probably about your age, and she was hollering just like Mary, and my "mommy ears" just could hardly believe it wasn't you! It felt so odd to be by ourselves and I missed you while we were gone. When a baby would cry the whole afternoon, I was looking around for you. It's only the second time we've left town without you. (Well, Mary - it's your third, as we left you with Grammy and Grampy to go get Hannah from the hospital)
You both have yet to sit up on your own, but I'm sure it won't be long. Hannah, you enjoy peek a boo, and will laugh at me when we play it. You also have started giggling when I talk on the phone.
We had family pictures taken as well as your 6 month pictures. You both did so well! I tried coaching you for a couple of days prior that you needed to smile pretty, and you both did! The photographer even had you laughing! You made your Momma very happy! Course I'm a little obscessed about photos! It just seems like time is flying by and I want to capture every little step along the way.
I love being your Mommy! I still marvel that you both were inside me, and grew into the perfect little things you are now. I have a lot to be thankful for as we get close to celebrathing your first Thanksgiving. I love you, my little Punkin' Pies!
20 hours ago




No comments:
Post a Comment