Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Putting up the Christmas tree

I want to start the tradition with the girls that we'll put up the tree on the weekend after Thanksgiving. Since we were busy most of the weekend, James had to work, but didn't care if I put up the tree myself. So, that's what the girls and I did Sunday afternoon. (Incidently, he watched the girls all day Saturday while I went shopping with some church girlfriends - I bought the girls some cute outfits - collectively, at 68% off my total purchases! Yay! Oh, and Mitzi and I shared the best caramel apple ever... a German Chocolate one - just the right amount of tart, then the sweet caramel, with chocolate and coconut on top of that! Yummy!) Anyway, back to the tree project...



When "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree" comes on the stereo, one just has to "rock," right?






I tested each strand of light and put them on while the girls were napping. I waited for the garland, since it was sparkly. When they awoke, I made a huge deal of turning off the living room lights, and then turned on the tree. I was hoping they'd squeal in delight, but they really could've cared less. I think my expectations would be better suited in a couple of years. Oh well... it was fun anyway!


I put on the girls "First Christmas" ornaments first... here's Mary


And then Hannah...

It's done, and it's only Dec. 1st! And, I've got most of the other house decorations up as well! Yay!




1 comment:

Jamie said...

Beautiful tree! Next year they will love it, but you will probably have fewer ornaments. We have 5 on our tree this year - up high - because Bo likes to snatch them and run around with them!