Here's a couple of my little Hannah... We were in Walmart last week, and I was pushing the double stroller and pulling a cart... Anyway, Mary was asleep, but Hannah was awake, chattering to herself. I was in the produce section looking at citrus, and Hannah pipes up, points and says "Ball, Ball" Ball was her first word, and she can correctly name lots of plastic balls we have here at home. But, this was the first time she named something shaped like a ball. She was pointing to the oranges in a display. An older lady was near us and she got the biggest kick out of her repeating, "ball, ball" I gave her one orange, and she was content the rest of the time in Walmart. (Upon checking out, the checker questioned that it was damaged, and I told her "no, it's just little fingernail marks!")
These are my shoes... she could somewhat gracefully walk in them even. I got a little video of it. What a smart girl to know that my shoes could be worn on her feet! It's amazing to see them figure things out completely on their own.

Here's me and my baby girls - Hannah's first, then Mary (I think they will have toothy grins like me...)

The eve of my birthday, we went out for pizza! Yummy! Don't the girlies look so grown up sitting across from us? I think this is the first time I got to sit next to my husband for a meal out since they were born! :)




Haven't had a photo of James and I alone in quite some time.

Here's some taken on my actual birthday.
My birthday is now a reminder of how much God works in our lives. Two years ago, on the eve of my birthday, my husband and I were told that we probably would not be able to have children without medical intervention. We went away for the weekend just a few days later to celebrate my birthday, and it was then that we conceived the girls - twins with absolutely no medical intervention. It was like God was just waiting for us to hear the bad news, so he could reveal his glory and power all the more. And, that birthday was a milestone birthday, which made me even more anxious about my aging state and fertility. What a glorious God. He could have allowed us to conceive even the following cycle, but He didn't. I believe it was all in His plan - and it makes me celebrate my birthday even more joyously! Thank you, Lord for ordaining me to be a mommy and wife.









1 comment:
Happy Birthday! I can't believe how big the girls are getting. They're absolutely adorable!
Post a Comment