Sunday, November 28, 2010

Our new cat, Buddy



Buddy found us... and he's an outdoor cat. Buddy arrived in the summer by hanging around and running away when he saw us. He disappeared for a few weeks, so I thought maybe he'd run off, or been hurt. Anyway, he started showing up again this fall, and was a little braver. He finally let us pet him, and has become our back porch guardian ever since. Sometimes he'll be gone before breakfast, and sometimes we won't see him all day. But, usually, now he'll show up for supper. I built him an insulated cat house out of rubbermaid tubs, so hopefully he'll stay a little warmer this winter. He's such a sweet natured little guy. Makes me kinda wish he wasn't long haired. (I really don't want the upkeep of a long haired cat in the house) I never thought I'd have an outside kitty, but we do. He'll let the girls love him... it's really sweet to watch. I think he's tame enough now that he'll let me put him in a cat carrier so I can take him to the vet to have him neutered before he makes more kitties for me to feel sorry for come spring.

No comments: