Here's promised funnies!
While picking up toys one night before bedtime, H accidently steps on my toes. I say ouch, and she turns and says "Sawry Mommy" M hears this, looks at my toes and tells me, "I kiss" She bends down on all fours and kisses my hurt toe.
******
In the bathtub one night, M puts her finger in H's mouth (not sure why) It gets bitten (imagine that?) M starts to cry, and after a couple of minutes, she holds out her hurt index finger to H and tells her through sniffles, "No bite more, k?"
******
H looks out the east facing window one morning soon after she gets up. She exclaims, "Big sun! Big sun bright!"
*****
We stayed outside one evening until dusk so we could show the girls some stars. H sees the 1/2 moon, and says "Egg!"
*****
M was not eating her dry Cheerios one morning for breakfast. I put a sprinkle of sugar on them to tempt her to eat them, they way she saw her Daddy eat them. She proceeds to dump the cereal out of her bowl, and lick her finger and sticks it in the sugar that is now at the bottom of the bowl. She never did eat the Cheerios that morning. Little turkey!
*****
At Goodwill store, there are a couple of full length mirrors near the dressing rooms. The girls both go up to one, and they are looking at their reflections. H says, "Me!" I ask her to point to which one is "me" and after looking a little while longer she correctly points to her own reflection. She points to M's reflection and says "Sissy!" This is the first time she has correctly identified herself. Previously, they both would look at their reflections or photos of themselves, and say "Sissy" (Asked their pediatrician about that at their 2 yr well baby visit, and said that self recognition is a hard concept to grasp, and double it up with being an ID twin... they are almost always looking at their twin, so of course seeing themselves makes them think they're seeing their twin!)
*****
M was looking at my freckled arms one day. She noticed the hair and started rubbing, rather petting them. She said "Soff" (soft) She then looked at the freckles, and said "Sarrs" I couldn't tell if she was saying "sores" or "stars."
*****
In play, M will call H by name, but H calls M "Sissy." Interesting.
*****
All comments from M after she asked for a orange (clementine) for lunch one day.
"I tried it" - translation - I want to try to peel it myself
"I did it!" - I got some peel off myself!
"I big one!" - I got a big piece of peel off!
"I hoe these, k? - She wants me to leave the peelings on the table so she can continue piling them.
"I opit orange" - She wants to section the orange herself.
"Is hars" - It's hard to get these strings off of the center sections
"Ga-It" - She got the center strings off.
In the end, all I did was hand each one a clementine, and they took care of the rest themselves. Big girls!
*****
More toddler translations:
H - "Sissy dump all gone my crackers!" - M dumped H's animal crackers out of the snack cup
H - "More crackers mine... My crackers more, Mommy" both mean I want more crackers!
H - "All gone a milk" - She drank all the milk from her sippy cup and it's now empty.
*****
Yesterday, I heard H keep saying "I rockee baby" "Rockee baby me!" I looked in the living room to see them taking turns wraping themselves up in a blanket on the floor, laying down, and her sister "feeding" the "baby" a sippy cup. So cute!
20 hours ago




No comments:
Post a Comment