Monday, October 3, 2011

Funnies

Hannah has been declaring that she loves things. Like her Bunny beanie baby, her pull along doggie, her breakfast cereal, etc. She often sings about it... and made up this song the other day.

"I love my home,
I love my home,
I love my home...
... 'cause this is my home!"

It was so cute!

*****

Mary has been saying that she 'needs' things that she wants. In the check out line at Walmart, she said "I need Bears" (teddy graham snacks that they have conveniently placed at toddler eye level in single serving cups) They had done really well while shopping, so I got them bears. She'll also tell me she needs a cookie, or an orange at supper.

*****

Mary can hear our neighbor's combine going along the road, and will shout "Combine!" before she even sees it. It's interesting to me that she can distinquish it's sound over all the other tractors and big trucks that go by our house. It does have a distinct sound, but I'm kinda surprised she's picked up on that.

*****

I was burning a scented candle here the other day. It was a really low, blue flame, but Hannah couldn't see the glow that she'd seen earlier when the flame was higher. She pointed up to the candle and told me "Battry charge" (battery charge) We use rechargable batteries, and will often tell them that a particular toy doesn't work because the battery needs charged. They have assumed that everything that doesn't work, needs their batteries charged... a turned off TV, a dead cell phone, etc.

*****

Our neighbors are farmers and are in the midst of harvest. They've been outside a lot working on macheinry and such, and the girls will often watch from the window. Bob's (our neighbor) grown son (who helps with the farming) was over the other day working on the combine too. Mary looked out and saw them both and said "Two Bob's!" Bob's son has premature grey hair, so they do look an awful lot alike. Bob's wife thought that was too funny!

*****

The other day, James and I were awake for a few minutes before the girls started making noise in their room. We started to hear chatter, and soon we heard Miss Hannah say, "Mommy, wake up! Daddy, wake up!" coming over the baby monitor. We laid there and giggled together then went and got our girlies.

*****

Mary has started saying "Oh, I see" to whatever we've just clarified for her. Here's an example.
Mary - "Daddy upstairs?" (she really means downstairs)
Me -"No, Daddy's not downstairs. He's already left for work."
Mary - "Oh, I see"

No comments: