The house is quiet... my girlies are in bed early (no nap today) and my hubby is out gaming with his buddies. So, it's me and the kitties! Here's some recent funnies!
We have tall cabinets in the play room that hold all our diapering supplies and jammies for the girls. It quickly became necessary to put a sort of lock on them, so our curious little girls don't empty the contents of the cabinets. Apparently one afternoon I forgot to lock the doors after a diaper change, as James and I hear Hannah telling Mary, "I change my own diaper!" She has gotten out one cloth diaper, the wipe case, and the tub of homemade diaper rash cream and has deposited it all on the couch. So cute that she was able to get exactly what was needed, but I did her diaper change! :)
*****
Hannah has been saying a lot of things possessive lately. Examples:
"I love my own swing."
"I want my own doggie"
"I like my own castle."
I wonder if it's because she has to share almost everything?
*****
The other morning before heading downstairs for the day, Mary climbs out of bed and tells me, "Poop in my diaper." and from the smell, she is correct. She then wiggles her hiney, and says "I shake poop in my diaper!" And had this huge grin. She's a nut! :)
*****
We were in the play room one nice day lately. The window was open and our black cat, Marissa was laying in it sunning herself. Hannah points to Marissa and says "Dats doggie" (That's doggie) She then points to herself and says "I Wuke!" I start laughing... the neighbor boy is named Luke and he has a black lab!
*****
Conversation with Mary last night after serving her a piece of banana pudding pie:
Me - "Mary what does that taste like?" (wanted to see if she'd ID the banana taste)
Mary - "Pie!"
Me - "Ok, what kind of pie?"
Mary - "Good pie!"
*****
Hannah said this the other day: "Hi Mom!"
Since when is my 2 year old old enough to drop the Mommy into Mom? *sniff, sniff* She's saying it more and more too.
*****
Mary has been getting into more mischief lately... something about turning 2 1/2 maybe? Anyway, often, if they don't obey after given a warning, we take the offender upstairs to the bedroom for a few minutes (alone, without Sissy) as punishment. They don't like being alone, and it usually brings about the correct behavior next time... or at least until they forget. Mary over the last couple days, when she has done something that is naughty, but not worthy of "upstairs to bed" will tell me "I no go bed!"
*****
Hannah is a sly one. If they do something naughty, and I'm not there to see who started it, will point to Mary and say "Sissy did it" And a couple of times, Mary will point back to Hannah and say "Hannah do it" {sigh}
*****
After breakfast one day, I was cleaning up a milk mess from Mary. Hannah asked what I was doing (like she asks a 100 times in a day), and I told her that I was cleaning up a mess that Sissy made, and that Mary should try to be more careful next time. She responded by saying "No makin' a mess eder, a-gin!" (Todder translation... No make a mess either, again.) I love the way they talk!
*****
Hannah says "lemonade" pretty much correctly. Mary says it "man-aid." As more time goes by, when I think of getting some of the yellow drink out of the fridge, I will think to myself... "I'd like some man-aid" or I ask the girls if they want some "man-aid." That one, I have a feeling, will stick. Also, they call bananas "namas." I've said "nama" without meaning to as well.
*****
Over the last couple of days, Mary has asked me several times "Wha talkin' bout?" when there's a conversation going on that she wasn't a part of. (phone conversation, talking with a store clerk)
*****
Just today, in Walmart, the checkout clerk asked the girls what their names were. Hannah, for the first time, answered "Hannah an Merwy" (how they pronounce Mary) She kinda muffled Hannah, but the clerk understood Mary and asked which one was Mary. Hannah pointed correctly to her sister. The clerk asked Hannah who she was, and she said "I Sissy!" I corrected her and told her her name is Hannah and she is a sissy to Mary. So, maybe we're getting close to not having to have them wear name tags at family gatherings... they will be able to say their names, maybe? Or at least their sisters'!
4 days ago




No comments:
Post a Comment