| They were so excited, they ate breakfast with their backpacks on! |
| They asked that their brother be in this photo. |
| Mary |
| Hannah |
| They choose their backpacks - Dora for Hannah and Marvel Superheros of Mary. {sigh} |
| A house across from the school had outside baby kitties... I've parked elsewhere each time since so I don't have to fight them to leave the kitties and go to school. |
| The first day was orientation - meet the teacher and see the room. |
| Building with their teacher. |
| Their teacher (in red) and the classroom aide (who happens to be a mom to twin 1st graders) |
| Just how did my preemie babies grow up enough to skip down a school hall? |
| The first official day! M/H |
| Walking down the sidewalk to the door. |
| Their teacher doing a headcount. Parents walk them in the doors, and they wait along the wall for the rest of their classmates. There is 14 in their class. |
| Walking to their classroom... Hannah's looking back at me (she was brave and didn't run back) and Mary didn't even look. |
My girls have done so well with school so far. I feared some separation anxiety, especially from Hannah, but they've done great. I did pretty good with letting them go, too. The first day was a little rougher on this momma, but better than I feared. Hannah came home with a disciplinary note yesterday for throwing a block at another boy, but to her credit, she told me about it before I read the note. I expected her to get in trouble first, but totally expected it to be for talking back. I talked to the teacher today about it, and she said she wasn't sure what instigated the behavior, but when she asked Hannah about it, she said she threw it on purpose. She missed out on getting an stamp on her hand, and will not be able to pick something out of the treasure box on Friday. Hand stamp is a daily reward for being good, and something from the "treasure box" is a reward for a whole week of being good. I think it will be hard for her to see Mary pick something fun and she can't, but hopefully it will reinforce that she can't throw things, especially at someone else. Each day, they show me a piece of candy that they were able to pick - which initially was a reward for picking up toys, but will be for turning in homework (papers of tracing their name each night and their weekly "letter of the week" paper) They came home today singing a song they learned. It's cute. I told them I'll video it so I can put it on here.




No comments:
Post a Comment