Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Cool photo


Hi - this blog is turning to be more photography based... anyway, here's another cool photo, and yes of an animal! I took this one while I was still at home in 1998. This kitty, Angie (aka Angel), belonged to my grandmother originally. She gave her up after my first kitty died and she bacame mine. When I went off to college, I took her for a year to live with me and my roommate and her cat. She adjusted to this new life remarkably well! My roommate said that she' sit at the door and meow when I was working late evenings. Angie lived to be 19, which is getting pretty old for a cat.
Back to the photo - I love how I captured her reflection in the window. It's not altered- taken with a point and shoot film camera. This is one of the few photos that everytime I look at them, I feel like an artist did them, not me. Either the composition is perfect or there is something focused on or captured at just the right minute. Experiment with angles. If I'd taken this straight on I'd have missed her reflection completely. Do something daring! With digital cameras now, you can experiement all you want and you can just delete them! When my husband bought me my digital camera - he created a monster! I have gobs and gobs of photos!

No comments: