Monday, January 14, 2008

Scrapping my 2008 Goals


I just finished this layout for my scrapbooking message board's challenge. I'm happy with it! And it got a "cool!" from my hubby! Here's the journaling:


Trust God This theme keeps coming up in my life. I realize I need to examine my faith…or lack of. It’s difficult to trust in the hard times, when waiting feels like God has abandoned me. I want to read the Word daily, study more and pray so I can “know” my God better this year. I want to devote time to friendships with Godly women - Mitzi and Joan in particular. I also want to use my gift of singing more at our church.
Be healthy As I get older, staying healthy gets harder! I am a more sedentary type person, who happens to like to eat, which is not a very good combination. I want my focus to be on preserving my body for the years to come. I want to drink more water, make healthier food choices, watch portion size and get active. If I loose weight as a result, that would be great too!
Prioritize wifeliness From the curse on Adam and Eve, I know that the marriage relationship will be a struggle. This is an encouragement to me, knowing that it‘s not supposed to be easy! God gave me this man as my husband. I need to respect him and be the helpmate that God intends me to be. I want to be more proactive in taking care of the more domestic type duties, so he can focus his time and energy on his teaching and classes. I must not be selfish, but selfless. I also want to be obedient to our financial goals, so my husband will be honored.
Clean diligently I will not deny that the discipline of housekeeping is a challenge for me. I want my home to be company ready at all times so I don’t have to live shamefully in this area. I want to remember “something is not nothing” more often, and “just do it.” I want to focus on keeping only what I love, so valuable time, energy and space is not used up for unloved things. Our home should be a haven from the rough world, and I want regular cleaning to make my home as a “place to be, not a thing to do.”
Scrap more I love capturing precious moments with my camera, but what good is this if the photos never leave the computer? I want to download photos and order prints monthly. I also want to jot scrappy notes in a notebook so it’s easier to remember my ideas and thoughts when I sit down to scrap. I want my wedding album finished by our 7th anniversary this October and 2008’s album to be on our coffee table for Christmas guests.

3 comments:

Jingle said...

Cindy,

Your page looks great! I love how you used a photograph to represent each of your goals!

Samantha said...

Thanks for popping over to my blog today! Your LO is so pretty, and your goals are inspiring! You did a wonderful job ;)

~Sam (HappyScrappySam)

Anonymous said...

HA! I am working on sorting out my goals, or rather projects and when I nee dto complete them. This looks fantastic Cindy! Let me know if you need any advice or to talk to complete a goal!

Kel