Thursday, December 11, 2008

Icky flu, an ER visit... but now I'm better!

I've been sick... very sick. Friday I wasn't able to keep my breakfast down, so I stayed home for a couple of hours, then tried to go into work. I made it about 15 minutes before getting sick again. I spend the rest of the day feeling worse and continuing to be sick with some intestinal involvment too. I called my Dr. and his nurse told me that if I couldn't keep water down to go the the emergency room as there is a risk of becoming dehydrated. So, at about 7pm, that's where we were headed. They checked me out and took my blood pressure lying down, sitting up, and standing to see if it changed. My blood pressure was fine, but my pulse quickened when I stood. So, they erred on the side of caution and gave me 2 liters of fluids, and an IV antimedic over the course of about 2 hours. I felt better when I left around 10pm. I felt better Sat, then Sunday I started getting sick again. I slept all day and used some of the prescription they sent with me for nausea. Monday I felt some better, but Monday night I started feeling sick again. I wasn't quite as nauseated, but I was very hesitant to eat anything for fear of the results. I called my Dr. again, who assured me that I'd be fine and to try sipping any liquid every 15 minutes and to see him the next day regardless of how I felt for my normal 16 week OB appointment.

I finally felt better Wed, and was very nervous going into my appt. But, the babies checked out fine despite I weighed 2 pounds less than my appointment last month. But, my uterus is growing (up to my belly button) and so are the babies. Today I'm back at work and feeling pretty good. I will see my Dr. next week to have a pregnancy induded benign growth removed and will have the big 20 week ultrasound appointment in 4 weeks. We've decided to find out the sexes... so I'm getting excited. I got a couple of new ultrasound pictures, but they really aren't all that interesting this time. But, after being so sick, it was a relief to hear thier heart beats, and see that they have grown and were moving around. Sometimes I think I feel something, but I have a rather overactive gut, so I'm not sure what is baby and what is normal gurgling. They did seem to be closer together and a little more cramped looking in my womb... as they will continue become, so I'm sure I'll feel them soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh goodness! That is terrible, glad it wasn't anything too serious, though uncomfortable to go through.

You look great in your photo, I'm sure you're glowing even brighter now.