Thursday, February 5, 2009

My 24 week appt

I had my Drs. appt yesterday. I have gained 5 pounds since last month, and my Dr. said he would not be surprised if I gained 10 pounds each month until delivery! {{bug eyed here!}} Anyway, that makes my pregancy weight gain up to 22 pounds. My blood pressure was 132/84 which is higher than it has been. Coupled with the fact that I've started to swell, he wants to see me back in 2 weeks instead of 4 to check that again. He used the Dopplar (a microphone type handheld device) to find heartbeats this time. He found the first baby right off, and had a very strong clear beat. It was around 140 beats per minute. He couldn't find the other one (harder to do with twins) so he took me back to the ultrasound room to find it that way. He quickly found it and it too was strong and around 140 bpm. So, my little munchins are doing well and staying strong. I asked him to double check the sexes since we were already doing an ultrasound and he still thinks both babies are little girls. I figure the more times he checks, the less chance of a mistake and a huge surprise at delivery! They are in the same position as last month - Baby B is still breach (she's on my R side).
I'm starting to feel some "effects" of being 24 weeks pregnant with twins... I did buy a maternity support belt that I've been wearing for the last week or so - and it's really seemed to help with the under belly and back aches. I seem more tired lately and I had to drop out of choir at church. I get winded when I try to sing and get hot and sweaty. I don't get light headed, but I sit down and stop singing, too! My Dr. says this is normal, especially for a twin mommy. I had to take my rings off since the mild swelling began, so I'm wearing my wedding ring on a necklace. It's sad... I miss wearing it! I get achy in bed and get cramps in my feet/legs if I'm not careful. But, all in all, being pregnant is an amazing expereince and I wouldn't trade it for anything. I love feeling my babies move - they've been getting more active and stronger. Baby A seems to be more active... but it might be her positioning. James felt one move a week ago Sat. and I was excited for him to share that experience. We are still working on names... getting some narrowed down and trying a couple to see if we like them enough. What a hard thing... determining a name for a person you haven't met yet! Then, which baby will get which name? Will we decide that at birth, or have a system devised ahead of time - first baby out gets this name, etc. {sigh}

I was able to go on a quick shopping trip, which will probably be my last solo trip until my babies are here and older. I went to a couple of craft stores and picked out scrapbook albums for the babies and one for a pregnancy album for me. I also bought pretty paper to make hand made birth announcments... will have to get them made soon, so all I have to do later is add the info and a picture! I finished up registering - at Walmart and Babies R Us, which was both fun and a tad overwhelming! I decided on two different bedding sets... they are both super cute. Here they are:



My sweet hubby had a birthday recently... here are a couple of photos!



3 comments:

Samantha said...

Wow - 24 weeks already?! It feels like it was just yesterday you were telling us all the good news. I really like the two crib sets you have picked out. Give a big happy b-day shout out to your hubby for me! He's just one year younger than mine :)

Anonymous said...

I love both your choices for the bedding. Really cute. I'm so excited for you. Happy Birthday to your hubs, too. :)

Anonymous said...

Add Your Blog to:Rose's Blog Links