I had the growth scan yesterday. It was an ultrasound in which they measured each baby's head, abdomen and femur to see if they were consistant with each other and where I am in the pregnancy. Baby B measured right where she should, and is estimated at 1084 g (or 2lb 6.2oz). Baby A's abdomen measures 2 weeks smaller than her head and theigh bone... which could be indicative of Twin to Twin Transfusion Syndrome (TTTS) - unequal growth rates of the babies due to one placenta. She measures 984 g (or 2lb 2.7oz), so their weights are pretty close. Their heart rates were good - Baby A's was close in the high 150's and Baby B's was in the 140's. My doctor wants to check me again in two weeks for another set of measurements, and if they are the same or lower, he'll send me to a specialist. Worst case scenario - I'll have to have the babies early. He wants me also to kinda keep track of movement to make sure each baby is moving basically the same amount. But, we're hoping that in 2 weeks, everything looks perfect and my girls are growing right on schedule! Plus, I can't get all worked up over this, one there is nothing I can do according to my doctor except eat well, and my babies need me and what I can give them, so if I'm not doing well, that certainly isn't going to help them grow and thrive despite the possible placenta/growth issue. God is being gracious and giving me the strength to be positive and trust Him with these two little lives. Yes, it's scary, but we're doing ok.
On a happier note, we're starting our labor and delivery classes tonight... my husband is not completely thrilled over this, but I've told him that until he has to push out two babies, then he needs to hush! :) And, I'm having a baby shower this weekend, and at last count there were going to be 23 ladies there that love me! How awesome is that! Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy! :)
4 days ago




No comments:
Post a Comment