Well, I had my Drs. appt yesterday. I had gained 4 more pounds... (total of 31 pounds) and my blood pressure was fine. He checked my foot/ankle swelling and said that at this point it's ok, but if it gets higher on my leg to let him know. He was able to "dent" my skin just by pressing on my ankle... which is said is not real great. He took me back to the Ultrasound room to do the recheck growth scan and asked if both had been breech before. Um, no... one had been head down and the other was breech. Well, yesterday, they are both breech, with their heads nestled up under my left ribs. Great! He said there is a chance one or both will turn, but as they get bigger and I progress, this gets less likely. There is no chance of a natural delivery if both stay breech. I asked him for a photo... it will appear at the end. Last week, I did end up going to the hospital for a non-stress test (basically hooked up to fetal heart monitors) because Baby A was pretty quiet and still most of the day. My Dr. was off the day I called in and the Dr. on call suggested I go to get checked. Well, both babies had good heart rates and were active. Now knowing that Baby A flipped sometime during the two weeks, my Dr. bets that she was in the process of turning during that day I didn't feel her. She had gotten herself all balled up and kind stuck. At least that's his guess. Both heart rates were good yesterday on ultrasound.
The abdomen measurement of Baby A was still smaller than Baby B, but not as significant as last time. So, he's letting me go another 2 weeks, when he'll recheck them again, and if there is a substantial difference, he'll send me to our local hospital for another ultrasound done by someone different, with "new" eyes. Then based on that, we either stay here, or go to a specialist. So, that's where we stand. I'm thrilled that there is less of a difference. And being 2 weeks further along sure doesn't hurt either! :)
Here are the photos my Doctor printed at my request... they are just too cute. It's of both little heads side by side. Suppose they're whispering secrets to each other?


My doctor was being a goof and wrote "cueballs" on the last one... how nice, huh? :)
1 comment:
Oh Cindy, it is good to hear that the growth is coming along, of course time has a lot to do with that. ;) Always thinking of you dear!
Post a Comment