Saturday, July 11, 2009

My baby girls are 12 weeks old... and I'm getting kinda sad about that. True, I can't wait to see them grow and do new things, but they will never be any smaller than they are now. They won't always be my little babies that I can cuddle.
Here's some writing from my journal...

Will I forget?

Will I forget what it feels like to hold them as tiny babies?
Will I forget the smacking noise they make when I take the bottle out of thier mouths to burp them?
Will I forget the way they smell right after a bath?
Will I forget the way they snuggle into my shoulder when they are sleepy?
Will I forget how tiny thier toes are?
Will I forget their little pouty faces when they start to cry?
Will I forget the color of their blue eyes?
Will I forget the feel of their soft skin?
Will I forget the sound of their cries?
Will I forget the noise they make after they sneeze?
Will I forget the feel of their hands grasping onto my finger?
Will I forget their wide eyes looking around thier new world?
Will I forget their little gummy smiles?
I've already forgotten what it felt like to feel my round pregnant belly.
I've already forgotten what it felt like to feel them move, kick or hiccup inside me.
Will I forget all this too?




{sigh}

1 comment:

Samantha said...

I don't think you'll forget! As long as you keep a journal, you'll never have to worry about that :)