I'm here at the public library... I so miss having internet at home. We have finally found a "cheap" internet provider and they are coming out hopefully any day to see if we can get a signal out in the boonies. Then, hopefully it's a matter of saying yes, we want service, and we'll have it in the next few days.
I'm feeling a little isolated. We don't know anyone but our landlords, and I didn't realize how much I relied on the internet to keep me informed about things. We don't have TV service, so the only news I hear is the radio. I thought we were going to have a Christian radio station... we can get it in the car outside the house, but we can't get reception in the house. Crummy!! With internet, I check the news, weather, catch up with Facebook friends and read about other moms lives through blogs. I also share thoughts and concerns on a twin mom message board, which helps me not feel so isolated on that front too. But, it shouldn't be too much longer.
The girls are doing great... almost 15 months old! They are getting more teeth - timed that with the move which wasn't great timing. All 4 of their 1 yr molars have at least 1 point through, and Hannah is getting 2 of her "eye" teeth. That puts her to 14 teeth! Mary has 12. (Leigh - Jack will catch up, just hopefully not all at the same time) Mary continues to amaze and scare the daylights out of us with her climbing feats... in this new house, we've caught her climbing into her highchair, climbing over the baby gate, then climbing up the stairs following Daddy, sitting on a 2 drawer filing cabinet, and just a couple of days ago, she got onto the dining room table from a chair. I think we've twinproofed everything so far... until she finds something else we've missed. Hannah is not following her with climbing - and for that I'm glad. Mary is saying "uh-oh" and Hannah is saying "ball" They are both saying a form of "kitty" - comes out more like "tikky" and last night Mary said "ba-ba" which is what we've called bottles. So sweet! Of course, both are pros at "Mama" and a form of "Dada" which comes out mostly as "Da."
Oh, I'd better go... the library will be closing soon.
20 hours ago




1 comment:
I'm glad to hear you are doing well and beginning the adjustment process. I will look forward to your updates and watching the girls grow! ~Becca L
Post a Comment