Saturday, September 17, 2011

Friday Funnies

Sorry this wasn't posted until Saturday...

Hannah wanted to play with Mary. Mary responded, "No, I busy" Guess she's heard that from Mommy & Daddy too many times. :(

*****

Mary walks up to me and says "I 'mell!" She did smell and needed her poopy diaper changed. That's the first time she's identified a smell with her diaper. Maybe full potty training will be getting closer.

*****

James rode his bike to work one day this week (3.3mi each way) As the girls were watching him ride down the drive and onto the road away from the house, Hannah pipes up and says, "Daddy motorcycle!" I'm sure Daddy would rather be riding a motor bike!

*****

Nail trimming time seems to come so often. I do both girls at once, and neither one really cares that much. Mary has usually bitten the nails short on her thumbs and first 3 fingers of both hands. The ring and pinkie fingers still have longer nails. Hannah doesn't bite any of her nails. The last couple of times, they've been really interested in the clippings, and want me to put them in their hands so they can carry them to the bathroom to throw them away. Throwing any kind of trash is a big thing for them.

*****

Mary had a Fisher Price pull along doggie toy last night. She was playing with it and I heard her say, "Goggie, stand up! I mean it!"

*****

After looking out the east facing window one morning, Mary squinted into the bright sun and told me, "Turn off, Mommy!"

*****

As I was putting dinner on the table one night, Hannah had her foot up and was liking her bare toes. I asked what in the world she was doing and she said matter of factly, "I kitty!"

*****

Usually when either Mary or Hannah sees a baby, they ask to "pet" it.

*****

Last night I gave the girls hotdogs, chips and fresh leaf spinach. Mary went for the spinach and ate all of it first before she touched her hotdogs and chips!

*****

Along the same lines, both girls, but especially Hannah, will ask for sliced raw onion when she sees me cutting one. She eats it and begs for more. So weird!

*****

James sneezed. I asked Mary what Daddy just did, and she said "Neeze!"

*****

Hide! is very big right now, especially for Hannah. Each night, after snuggling on the couch together during a 12 minute episode of Curious George, one of us go upstairs with one baby and we hide for the other one to find us. There's not too many placed to hide, and usually it ends up being a lump on the bed with a blanket covering the giggling toddler!

*****

They have randomly starting saying "Happy Birfday" or "Happy Birfday to you!"

*****

My baby B, or Mary, got the hiccups more often while I was pregnant. Only once did I feel both babies hiccuping that the same time. Anyway, Mary gets hiccups more often now too. When I hold her close to me while she's hiccuping, it's very reminiscent of being pregnant!

*****

We have a couple of board books that are about God and how he's made us and what he's created. Hannah calls them "Jesus books" even though they don't actually mention Jesus. So sweet!

No comments: