Monday, September 26, 2011

Friday Funnies

On Monday...??? Oh well!

*****

Hannah has started saying "guys" when referring to the 3 of us, her sissy, Daddy and I. Here's an example:

"Whas dat, guys?" (What's that, guys?
or
"Wook guys!" (Look guys!

*****

In our new playroom, I put the changing table under a window. There's a curtain, and in the late afternoon, I have to pull the curtain as the window faces west and it's too bright in their faces. Hannah wanted the curtain open, and when I did open it, said "No dark more."

*****

One evening, I had supper ready and was calling the family to the table. The girls were in their playroom playing, and Mary's reply to "Who wants spaghetti? question to come for supper was "I busy!" I then said to her, "You don't want to eat spaghetti?" Mary then replied, "Nope, I busy!" Little stinker! She did come and eat though!

*****

Hannah will pronounce necklace like "nick-a-lise" and chocolate like "choc-o-lite" Mary doesn't separate the syllables.

*****

A new game around here is to play "Doggie" This involves one twin saying "Here boy!" and throwing something across the room (a ball or empty toilet paper roll) and the other twin is on all fours and goes to "fetch" it. The doggie "barks" on occasion, and vocalizes, "fWwa, fWaa" They both "bark" the same way. The item is retrieved by carrying it in the mouth, and the first twin pats the "doggie" on the head and says "Good doggie!" Then the throwing twin says, "My turn" and she becomes the doggie. They play this quite often. I have no idea where they've learned it... they sometimes watch Clifford, the Big Red Dog on PBS, so maybe there's been a fetch game on that.

*****

One afternoon after nap, I was working in the kitchen, and the girls were playing. I kept hearing Hannah saying "skoo", "I goin' skoo", and "skoo bus" and I couldn't figure out why she was talking about going to school. I peeked in at her, and burst out laughing. She had found a laundry basket with clean clothes that I had didn't get put away during naptime. In it apparently had been one of my bras. Hannah had her arms in the straps, but with the hooks in front and the bra part on her back. I still questioned where she was getting "school" out of wearing a bra, so I asked her what was on her back. She said a "pack-it." Eureka! A back pack! Then she called the bra a "pack-pack." She kept saying "Addie" which I'm sure refers to a Curious George episode where a neighbor girl named Allie takes George to her school for the day, and they both wear back packs to school and ride a school bus to get there. Mary thought she was missing out and wanted a pack-pack too... so up I went to my closet and got her a "pack-pack" to wear too! :)

No comments: