Sunday, March 18, 2012

Meeting Michelle Duggar

I had the opportunity to hear Michelle and Jim Bob Duggar speak at a Mom's conference. I went with a group of 9 other friends from my MOPS group. It was such a fun weekend. We ate great food, and laughed a lot. (2 friends are missing from this photo...)



Jim Bob and Michelle speaking. I came home with pages of notes from their keynote address and their workshop. While some of their ways of doing things seem strange to the world, I think this family has more right than most realize. I can only hope that I can learn to be as patient of a mother as Michelle teaches.


2 of my friends and I wanted to get the opportunity to meet them at their book signing. We stood in line for 2 hours (outside in the sun). At one point, Jim Bob came out and went through the line shaking hands and saying hi to those of us who were waiting. The conference staff kept bringing us water and chocolate. It was a long wait, but Michelle wanted to take a couple minutes with each person in line, which was so sweet. I was able to shake this godly man's hand, and thank him for taking the time to come out to see us.



Getting my hug from Michelle Duggar.

No comments: