
I have thought about what the girls and I would wear on Mother's Day this year, but being pregnant, I knew my options would be a little limited... and I really didn't want to make a dress for myself that I was only going to be able to wear this summer, not to mention that I couldn't find maternity patterns at my local Walmart. So, I had kinda settled on making us matching skirts. But, I hadn't thought more about it than that.
I took Mary and Hannah out for a "girls night" on Friday - went to see the Dr. Suess movie in theaters right now, The Lorax. Afterwards, we did a little shopping and as we walked by the jewelry, this necklace set caught my eye. For those of you that know me, you'll know why... the pretty rainbow colors. I bought it, and my mind started going. Wearing it with a white top would be best... but what skirt would I wear it with? Ah-ha... a new skirt for Mother's Day skirt! So, off we went to Walmart to see if I could find us matching patterns.
And this is what I came up with:
Specifically, these skirts. Now, off to find fabric that would be pretty and match or coordinate with the necklace.
Found some! Right now, my plan is to make one little skirt with 2 orange pieces and a flowered piece in the middle, then other little skirt with 2 yellow pieces and the flowered in the middle, and my skirt with a piece of each. That way, my ID twins won't have ID skirts! :) And, I'll have a combo of both. (And the yellowish flower is more yellow in real life...)
Here's the ensemble... I picked up the girls' tops and I saw a maternity one at Kohl's that I'll pick up on Friday with a coupon. When I showed this to my husband, I realized I could convert the pair of earrings into little pendants for the girls' to wear, as they were fighting me for it in the store! I'll have to see if I can find little chains or maybe even ribbons. Now, to get sewing! :)
I'm already thinking ahead to next year. While having a little boy will be so much fun, sewing us matching/coordinating clothes for Mothers Day will be a bit more challenging. Maybe little shorts in the orange and a white top (although my little boy is safe inside this year so I don't have to worry about it!)




1 comment:
You are so on top of things!
Post a Comment