My blog for today will be an exerpt from Anne of Avonlea (end of Chapter 21) by L.M. Montgomery written in 1909 that I read recently. I just love those books... Anne and her best friend Diana are discussing the name of thier newfound friend, Miss Lavendar, and how it is such a fitting name for such a sweet person. Anne thinks her name is pretty boring and "just smacks of bread and butter, patchwork and chores." Diana doesn't agree and says...
"... I think people make their names nice or ugly just by what they are themselves...." "That's a lovely idea, Diana," said Anne enthusiastically. "Living so that you beautify your name, even if it wasn't beautiful to being with... making it stand in people's thoughts for something so lovely and pleasant that they never think of it by itself. Thank you, Diana."
I happen to like my name, but I think I'll try a little harder to make it beautiful!
20 hours ago




No comments:
Post a Comment