Monday, July 9, 2007

Scrapping Oliver...


Oliver is one of my kitties, and I take lots of pictures of them. My husband jokes that I have more photos of our pets than of him. I reply back that it is 5 to 1 and they do more cute things than he does. :) Here is a scrapbook page I did in Jan. 06 of Oli that I titled "A Photographic Study of Oliver." I took them while he was watching a bug in the light fixture. Do not be afraid to get close to your subject - it makes for a more dramatic photo that clearly shows what you wanted to photograph. How many pictures do you take that you wonder why you took it? Zoom lenses are great, and remember to get physically close as well. If you can crop out the background with just your camera, you'll get better detail than if you cropped it with a photo editing program. These photos are untouched and I think they are so cool grouped together. (My scanner is not big enough to do a 12 x 12 page, so the dimensions here are a little weird - oh well.)

No comments: