I had my 12 week appt Wed, and things are looking great so far! I've gained 5 pounds and my Dr. told me to expect to gain 50 or more! I'm measuring large, but that's becasue there are 2 munchkins in there! Since he can't hear 2 separate heart beats with the dopplar, we did a quick ultrasound. One baby is measuring a tad smaller, but at this point that's normal. If one really pulls ahead in growth, then that will be a concern although there is not much we can do except be ready at delivery for a more special needs case. He said that actually it's the bigger one that has the hardest time after delivery, because the stress put on the smaller baby causes it's organs to develop faster, so premature delivery is not as rough on that one. But, we'll continue to watch their growth and see what happens. We certainly could see the division of the sacs... so while my babies will eventually kick each other (and me), their cords will not get tangled up. Right now he could only distinguish 1 placenta... but there might be 2, we just can't see the separation. He said we'd continue to watch that too (which would be indicative of 1 bigger baby if there is only 1 placenta - meaning 1 source of nutrients and blood for 2 babies) It was so cool... we could watch our babies jump and jerk around inside me, but I can't feel it yet! He said that I'll probably start to feel them sooner than a singleton mommy - could be around 16 weeks. He printed off some ultrasound photos... but I don't have them uploaded yet. Be watching for those probably early next week. I'll also have to include a profile shot of me so you all can see my baby bump! I wore materinty pants for the first time Wed, and boy were they much more comfortable! I stopped by the resale shop here in town for a couple pairs of maternity slacks. I have some jeans that my cousin has already given me. I'll need some springy things when the time comes as what I've been given is more for cooler weather.
I had my routine prenatal bloodwork drawn at my appointment... and they took 5 vials! I asked the tech if they left me any! I should get results of those tests in the next week. My next prenatal appointment is in 1 month, or Dec 12.
My only real complaint with symptoms right now is sleeping. Between getting up twice in the night to use the potty, dreaming and remembering them a lot more than normal, and not being able to get very comfortable for whatever reason, I'm not feeling very rested. But, I'm doing alright and so grateful that I'm feeling pretty good!
I'm still craving milk... which is a great thing to crave for my 2 little calcium leaches! Odd things here and there, but nothing else that I've noticed lasting for more than a couple of days.
So, that's the update. I was pretty nervous going into my appt... I've read about vanishing twin syndrome and all sorts of other scary things, but according to my twin book and my Dr. the miscarriage risk has dropped drastically since I've made it this far and both babies are checking out to be doing well. Yay! All glory to God, who is protecting and orchestrating the growth and develpment of these two perfect blessings. Gets their mommy all teary eyed...
20 hours ago




No comments:
Post a Comment