
This is my little Hannah... on her first birthday. We saw the Dr. and got some eye drops for her red, sore eyes, and signs to watch for if her cough or runny nose got worse. I gave her some Motrin that afternoon, and that perked her up some, so we were able to enjoy a little party with just the four of us. We cancelled the big party we had planned for the next day, which I hated, but was the best. I was the one who was going to have to attend the party that I had planned for my twins, but one twin was going to be home sick. It totally brought back all the feelings of feeling split when Mary got released from the NICU 3 days before Hannah. I wanted to be happy for my little Mary, but my little Hannah was not home too. It's a hard thing to have your heart so split like that. I don't like it. Even trying to sing "Happy Birthday" to them earlier in the day made me cry knowing I'd have to celebrate the next day with one missing. As I called all of our to-be guests, I heard more times than I can count - "Well, with kids, plans can get changed in a hurry" I learned a lesson... don't plan something that big again. In the future, I think we'll have grandparents/aunt/uncle birthday parties here at home. Until, of course, they are old enough to want a friend party/ies too.
Hannah is feeling some better... her runny nose is turned to more of a stuffy nose, and sounds like she's starting to cough up some phlegm - which I'm not sure is good or bad. Oh, that reminds me, the Dr. wanted me to call and update him. Gotta do that now while they are napping.
I hope to post some birthday photos this week along with my little note to them about their growth and developement.




No comments:
Post a Comment