
But, here's some photos from the girls' first trip to the zoo. Their NICU (Newborn Intensive Care Unit) held a reunion last weekend at the local zoo (admission for NICU families was free), and we went. We saw a handful of nurses who took care of our girls and one of the two sets of twins that shared their room while in the hospital. There were bunches of twins/multiples families at the zoo (lots of multiple birth babies end up in the NICU for being born premature) For once, I didn't feel quite so much like everyone was staring at us while in a public place.

A peacock that just wandered around the zoo. See Hannah (pink) pointing at it?

We used our new baby harness/leashes for the first time at the zoo. Hannah did well (didnt' always go where we wanted her to) Mary would rather just stand there and then sit down. She'll get it though.
Mary and Daddy looking at an exhibit that had birds and a big turtle in it.

(Hannah - pink, Mary - blue) I wanted to get a photo of the girls and this giraffe statue. I had to be in the photo becasue they wouldn't sit still long enough. While we were getting ready to take this photo...
We had the opportunity to get a photo with a real-live giraffe. This curious giraffe lumbered over and leaned over his fence to investigate us. It was really cool! Although the Mommy in me had a thought - what if he tries to lick one of my babies, or nibble on their ears? I was ready to run if he got much closer. But, he stayed a "safe" distance and we enjoyed his curiosity. It was by far my favorite memory of the zoo.
I love this one...
I love this one...







1 comment:
Mary has one of your expressions in the picture of you & the girls! :)
Post a Comment